What We Do
The Coalition is a major non-profit organization administering early learning programs for nearly 13,000 children annually within our communities. The children are served through the Coalition's two main programs - School Readiness, a financial assistance program for working families and the State of Florida's Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) program for all 4 and 5-year old children.
Creating a supportive network to build the necessary foundation for our children to be successful in school and life.
The Early Learning Coalition of Pasco & Hernando Counties influences successful outcomes in early education.
We accomplish this by:
- Ensuring quality programs that positively impact every child and how early learning is viewed in our community;
- Supporting parenting outreach and education; and by,
- Building strong connections with our community.
- Children are our community's most precious resource.
- A nurturing family environment is essential to allow children to reach their full potential.
- Prevention and early intervention are the most effective approaches, in both human and financial terms, to preserving the family, nurturing the child and enriching the community.
- Committed and qualified staff, volunteers and community members deserve to be valued, supported and involved in efforts to improve the community.
- Empowers parents to establish and maintain control over the education of their children and to become advocates on their own behalf.
- Engages the community by providing opportunities for involvement, growth and empowerment.
- Acknowledges leadership responsibility by networking and forming collaborative relationships with other organizations and groups.
- Advocates for innovative, responsive and effective community-based services.
- Allocates resources to maximize effectiveness.